Thursday, August 09, 2007

rest...


I'm at World Cup waiting for some friends to do a school project. I got here about a half hour early and for the most part I've been rather antsy. I'm not around any one I know, I'm not doing anything productive (well maybe now I am), but I'm just being. I haven't been alone for a long time it seems. And it seems like an even longer time since I haven't beat myself up inside for doing nothing. Not that I don't ever do nothing, I do it a lot, but usually it makes me very uneasy and I feel guilty in my heart. Anyways I decided to stop and just rest. It feels nice. I'm not worrying about school, the grey house, relationships, money, I'm just staring out the window listening to Van Morrison. I think I need to start incorporating more alone time into my life. The thought of being alone makes me feel anxious, but then when I actually do it, it's good. I start to feel connected to myself when I'm by myself. Lately I've been feeling like I'm fading away and the things I feel and believe were becoming a bit blurry. Nothing huge it just felt like the edges of my soul were becoming drippy, they they were melting (maybe global warming?). Also as a side note, not really related to this but I thought to myself today.....I have to be a Christian and believe in God, because if I don't have Jesus to help me cope with people, I'd probably kill them all. Also, Funky painted this beautiful picture.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

you don't want to kill me, do you? oh no.....

love you jewlery xo

Unknown said...

my uncle picked up Van Morrison when he was hitch hikin in Ireland once. Cool story. I like your post, hopfully I will see you in a week and a 1/2

David Harris said...

Proud of you Julie.