Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Say goodbye to Betsy....



yup, she's gone. after getting into a car accident (not my fault) and having my car "totaled" they hauled her away this morning. i've been a lot of places in that thing. i think i've had it since i was 17. places me and beetle have been.....

maryland
pennsylvania
new york
delaware
new jersy
west virgina
virgina
north carolina
south carolina
georga
florida
ohio
indiana
illinoise
missouri
washington
oregon
california
mexico
canada

funny things to happen to me and my car....

getting stuck in the sand and my car almost washing away with the tide

fitting 3 people and a bunk bed inside my car

driving on the battle fields of gettysburg

the time it got broken into and there was duct tape there for months

mexico

san francisco

getting totaled






sorry the quality of the pictures are poor

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i never knew her name till now, this makes it even sadder

David Harris said...

I'm glad that i don't have to sit in the back and hit my head on the roof whenever we drive over speedbumps...
WIll you buy a new one?

skirmish said...

oh Julie, you are so funny! I will miss her, too, for she is the one who broke me in to the whole manual thing. Ah Betsy. Good girl. And I feel like i was there for roughly half of those memories, well, maybe just a third, but very significant ones. I'm sorry Julie. But you know this is just entering into a new phase of your adult life, goodbye to the teenage car and on to the twenty-something vehicle.