Sunday, November 04, 2007

i love sports!!


i have a new love for sports. well actually it's been kinda building for about two years, but i think i'm hooked. growing up my family wasn't too into sports, so it wasn't a big part of my life. when i moved to seattle i had my first real sporting event....baseball. now for all of you who love baseball, i'm sorry but it's an extremely boring game, and i hate it. all that to say....i thought i didn't really like sports until i got sucked into football (american and the rest of the world kind). i watched the seahawks fight their way to the superbowl, woke up early to watch the world cup, even caught a few huskies game. just as a disclaimer, just because i really enjoy football, does not mean i understand any of it. i've got the general concept down but i'm still looking for someone to explain the details. ANYWAYS....enough about football, i'll get to the good stuff. last night brian took me to a seattle thunderbirds hockey game. the only experience i had with hockey was watching mighty ducks as a kid, so i was really nervous going to the game. we got their late but it didn't really matter. the game was AMAZING. there was absolutely no point during the game where i got bored. and if you know me, you know i hate being bored and LOVE not being bored.


it was great. so much energy from the players and the fans.......wow. there was one awkward fight on the ice, but besides that, i think it was the best sporting event of my life. the third period was the most intense. seattle was playing the tricities and the game was tied the whole last half, until one of the players for seattle scored 2 goals in the last 4 minutes. like i said it was great. i might want to marry a hockey player, they're pretty hardcore. thanks brian for letting me tag along with you!

2 comments:

Clayre Turner said...

I too am growing to like sports more and more. I thought football was pretty boring but then my brother started playing on varsity and I think it is fabulous! I can explain some but not all of it.
Never been to a hockey game...but id like to go sometime...
and yes baseball in and of itself is a little boring....but it's the atmosphere I love!

ryc: I am glad you are proud of me!

Anonymous said...

Julie, you are so funny sometimes. Ok, well, always actually.