Friday, March 27, 2009

done my finals.

finished with my finals. i thought i had bombed the essay portion of my history final because i got the dates confused and wasn't prepared......AT ALL. fortunately i did better than i thought and my professor really likes me for some reason. got A's in all of my classes....i still think there must have been a mistake somewhere.
awesome thing to happen....my history professor is very accomplished, had a bajillion degrees and titles, worked at the library of congress, etc. she asked me to part of a project dealing with agriculture as a means to end poverty in africa. i have to read and critique a stack full of proposals, reports, journals prepared by universities and institutions and present my own idea and compile a report on the pros and cons of all my readings. i then have to present it to one of the leaders of the world bank. SAY WHAT?!! anyways i have two weeks and i'm feeling a bit under-qualified. good opportunity and learning experience though. we'll see.

3 comments:

melaniet42 said...

Great job on your classes! And what a fantastic opportunity - good for you!!!

Anonymous said...

That's hard to comment on. That's my girl could be appropriate, but regardless of what you did or do I would feel like that. Happy reading, my love.
Love,
Mom

David Harris said...

Jules, I'm so proud of you. Well done.