Monday, July 28, 2008

core values..

once upon a time i was involved in a school called the rising. i'm not sure what we did, but one thing we did do was try and identify our core values. i think i was too young at the time to know them....maybe not. so far this is what i got...

relationships
pain
honesty


i've also been thinking about those things in relationship to privilege vs. right. i'm beginning to think that honesty is sometimes a privilege. which goes against a lot of my thinking, but ironic as it is...i think it's the truth.


and i think this picture is badass....



....research the Convair XFY

5 comments:

melaniet42 said...

I don't totally disagree with you about honesty. I think of trust similarly in that sense of privelege vs right. You don't have to "earn" it with me (therefore a right), but if something is done to lose it, it needs to be earned (therefore a privelege). Does that make sense at all?

skirmish said...

it's funny that you wrote this and that I actually looked at your blog today, because, oddly enough, I was actually just thinking about my "core values" from the rising today, and wondering what exactly they were then.
the only one I could come up with today is:
People
that was the one that I always come back to I guess, I value people.
and I agree with you too, about honesty being a privilege. i mean i relate to it, on a personal level.
my dad didn't deserve my honesty and so i didn't give it to him, it was a privilege. he had to earn it. (he still hasn't) well you know.
anyway,
love
anna

David Harris said...

what happened to fun? is that still a core value or did it transpire that it couldn't be a value?

Clayre Turner said...

haha I am sad that I didn't actually get to spend anytime with David James Harris. Why weren't you on my DTS dude?

I like your values. I think I will try to think about mine.

Anonymous said...

hey, i miss you, and the rising